It’s a cold Sunday and not much to do. I find it’s hard to keep our kids entertained. This is a great way to keep them busy and well fed: let them make their own pizza for lunch! This recipe is really easy and kids really love to make and eat their own creations.
Each child can make their own dough by hand then use a wide variety of toppings, such as peppers, tomatoes, onions, olives, mushrooms, and even pineapple (a favorite in Australia). We also use, tomato sauce and a choice of different spices. The recipe above makes one 12-inch pie, which usually comes out to four servings. If I don’t have any sauce I use marinara sauce. (my favorite is gefen classic marinara sauce).
2 teaspoon dry yeast
1 tsp. sugar
3/4 c. very warm water (120-130 degrees)
2 cups. flour
1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Soak yeast in water and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, then add salt continue to knead for 2-3 minutes until flour is well blended and a dough ball forms.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Roll dough to fit a 12-inch disposable pizza pan.
- Top pizza with tomato sauce and toppings of your choice.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is browned and bubbly.